The New Hampshire Youth Network is a program of Breathe New Hampshire that has created a new generation of leaders who engage others in matters that impact breathing: tobacco use, air quality and the environment.
How Can I Get Involved?
1. Become a member of the Youth Advisory Board. Get the YAB application here.
Up to thirty youth leaders serve on YAB. These youth are selected through an application process. They shape the program by developing messages and activities for their peers across the state. YAB members will:
- Empower fellow New Hampshire youth to take action
- Serve as a role model for youth throughout the state
- Participate in, organize, and lead activities in your local community
- Solicit feedback and input from local youth
- Assist in planning and implementation of the statewide youth summit
- Assist in planning and implementation of statewide activities
- Serve as a spokesperson for the network upon request
2. Individuals and student organizations can become general members of the New Hampshire Youth Network.
For more information about joining the network, or to send completed applications, contact Kim Coronis, Youth Program Manager:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone - 603-669-2411 x104
- Fax - 603-645-6220
- Snail Mail - Breathe New Hampshire, 145 Hollis St., Unit C, Manchester, NH 03101
For more information contact: Kim Coronis Youth Program Manager email@example.com (800) 835-8647
YAB's Mara Zrzavy Wins National Scholarship
Former Youth Advisory Board (YAB) member Mara Zrzavy received one of 25 scholarships given out nationally by the Educational Research Center of America (ERCA) to recognize and reward high school students who have made an extraordinary contribution to their community and/or high school. Mara applied to ERCA based on her partnership with Breathe NH and our Youth Advisory Board. She is currently a freshman at Hollins University in Roanoke VA.
ERCA is a non-profit corporation that awards student scholarships and conducts voluntary surveys of high school and middle school students throughout the United States. Find out more about ERCA by clicking here. For a complete list of 2011 scholarship winners, click here
Members of the New Hampshire Youth Network's Youth Advisory Board (YAB) had a special training opportunity. Learn more about it here.